All About Dental Implants: Everything You Need to Know for a Healthy Smile
At Dental Laser, we only offer the best when it comes to the technology we use, the implant brands we provide and the doctors who place them. We believe it is important, as a dental clinic, to offer as much knowledge beforehand so you can know what to expect when setting your next appointment for dental implants in Mexico. This blog post will go over everything you need to know about dental implants including: what dental implants are, how they work, the different types and why we are your best option for high quality dental implants in Nogales, Mexico.
- What Are Dental Implants?
- What Are The Different Types Of Dental Implants?
- Different Types
- Different Materials
- Different Brands Of Dental Implants
- Different Positioning Methods
- Post Surgery & Recovery
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental Implants are a dental restoration that replaces missing teeth. They can be used to replace one tooth, many teeth or all of the mouth’s teeth. They are an effective way to restore dental function and appearance when other treatments have failed or cannot be done because of age, condition of the jawbone, bone loss in front of the dental implant site, gum disease or severe decay. Modern dental implants have been around since the 1970s and have seen a huge leap in improvement in the past decade.
What Are The Different Types Of Dental Implants?
When it comes to the different types of dental implants some may refer to the material, the coating, positioning, brands or the overall process. In this explanation, we will go over each of those differences so that you may have a better understanding in your overall options. It’s good to be prepared!
- Single Tooth Implant: A single tooth implant is used when only one tooth needs to be replaced. The dental implant requires one post and one crown.
- Implant Supported Bridge: When you need to replace multiple missing teeth that are right next to each other, your best option is an implant-supported bridge.
- Implant Retained Denture: If you happen to be missing a majority or maybe even all of your teeth in the upper or lower part of your mouth, then an implant-retained denture will be your best option.
- Titanium: Titanium Implants have been around for a long time and have been time-tested to be a successful, long lasting option for those in need of dental implants. Titanium material is light but strong, making it a perfect choice when looking for durability. The downside is that people who are allergic to any type of metal or have an autoimmune disease may not be good candidates for titanium implants.
- Zirconia: Unlike titanium implants which require three separate pieces, the zirconia implant is a one-piece, metal-free material. This means zirconia implants are a lot quicker to place than titanium implants. On top of that, due to zirconia implants metal-free material, there is absolutely no chance of them agitating a metal allergy. Though one thing to keep in mind is that since zirconia implants are still fairly new, there is not much evidence that supports their long-lasting capabilities. However, our team of doctors at Dental Laser believe they show great promise and are confident that they will be able to withstand as many years as titanium implants.
Different Brands Of Dental Implants
At Dental Laser, we use two different brands of dental implants. Straumann and Hiossen. We believe our patients should have options when choosing what works best for them. For this reason we offer Straumann as our highest quality option and Hiossen for those looking to save some money while still receiving an incredibly high quality implant. No matter which one you choose, you will still be selecting one of the top brands the world has to offer. Continue reading to explore the differences in both brands.
Based on popularity, Straumann is the world’s leading dental implant brand. Founded in 1954 and continuing to be at the forefront of innovative technologies, this company cooperates with various research institutes and universities so they are always ahead of the game when it comes to future advancements. The surface of Straumann’s implants melds and integrates with your bone within 30 days, making it an exceptional product.
Hiossen is among the world’s leading brands for dental implants. Just this last year, in 2020, they became the sixth-leading competitor in the dental implant market. They supply a wide range of top of the line implants in order to meet the needs of our medical specialists as well as our patients. This means that there will always be an implant that will suit your needs.
Endosteal Implant Positioning Method
This implant positioning method is the most common because it’s inserted directly into the jawbone. In order for this to be a successful procedure, the implant must enter an area with a good amount of bone, so people with poor bone composition would need a graft before moving forward.
Post Surgery And Recovery
Some of the Symptoms After Surgery Are:
- Discomfort around and in place where the implant was placed
- Slight discomfort of the sutures
- Occasional inflammation, bruises may appear
Care and Recommendations
- NO SMOKING to avoid infections
- Do not consume alcoholic beverages
- It is recommended to avoid any intense physical activity
- Avoid exposure to sun radiation
- Eat healthy such as avoiding the consumption of fats and condiments
- Full Rest